Sunday, September 25, 2016

Write-Alike

The Color of Water Blog Post #3

There was a part of the book that I was reading that made me think about something in my life that seemed like it was just yesterday. The mother of the main character was hysterically crying on the floor and couldn't get up because she had received news from her husband (sort of) that her mother had passed away. The people around and her coworkers at her job tried to calm her down, but she simply couldn't control herself. I almost cried myself a little bit when I read that. I remember when my favorite grandparent died (I know I shouldn't have favorites, so my bad) I cried so hard that I made myself sick. I was in the hospital room when I realized her heart rate had reached zero, and she was just lying there on the bed. It pained me so much, that I had to watch my grandparent die right in front of my eyes, that I had to watch her leave this planet within a blink of my eyes. When I got home, I was completely numb. I knew she was dead, but I didn't want to believe it. I just went totally blank. I fell to the ground right in the middle of the kitchen floor and cried until I couldn't see or breathe. I was gasping for air and I just couldn't stop crying. In the moment it felt right to cry like that, but now I look back and I'm like, "dang, I knew I missed her, but did I have to stop breathing?" Anyway, the passage reminded me of what it's like to lose someone that you honestly love so much. I'm so sorry this is kind of depressing, but it's all I've got right about now, and there's nothing I can really do about it because the book is kind of sad and depressing as well.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your grandmother, but I bet she had a great life considering she was your favorite grandparents. But your writing in your post was very honest and detailed. I think your memoir will turn out great! Especially if you keep up the relatable details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl (for the 3rd time) I know exactly how you feel and I personally can connect to this unfortunately. I remember being there with you during this time and I remember how hard it was, death is such a heavy subject and we should all respect it as much as possible. Your writing was so touching and honest I could really hear your voice in it. Your memoir will rock my socks if you keep up the emotional relatable stories, keep doing you & ill swag ya later 💟

    ReplyDelete