Sunday, September 18, 2016

Into Thin Air Blog Post #2

Your words become mine:
    "I was already awake at 4:00 A.M. when the alarm on my wristwatch began to beep; I'd been awake most of the night, struggling for breath in the meager air."
   
    4:00 A.M. was when I always woke up on the weekends, as it was when I went hiking. Usually, the air was crisp and welcoming, but this time, the air was murky. Following my usual routine, I decided to go anyway. Little did I know that I would end up like this.
    As I was tramping up the steep trail, my shoes caught on a rock, causing me to completely flip out. My breath tightened as I saw my crooked leg. I reached out to touch my leg, but as soon as neared it, I screamed in agony. As it was only 5:00 A.M., I had no one to come to my rescue. I left my phone at home and I couldn't do anything except sit there and wait.
    Unfortunately, the air was already thinner at the elevation I was at, so my breaths became more and more labored. My body didn't have enough energy to yell, so all I could do was to sit around. I attempted to drag my body to a shelter.
    The pain shot through my entire body as I hurled myself forward. Luckily, there was a little cave-like shelter nearby. My final push into the cave made me collapse in exhaustion. Regretting my decision to leave behind my backpack, the only thing I could do was to wait for someone else to come by.
    My leg prohibited me from falling asleep. By the time I found a comfortable position, I was panting and gasping for air. The thinness of the air made me see stars. Eventually, I passed out, but a sharp jolt in my leg caused me to wake up.
    As I huddled for warmth by myself, my thoughts started to become darker and darker. No one was going to come for me and I was going to die alone. My stomach growled like a tiger and I desperately needed food and water. I stayed there in the dark until my wristwatch began to beep, and I saw another hiker around.
    Mustering all of my energy, I hoarsely yelled to the hiker. Apparently the hiker didn't hear me, as he continued to jam to his music. By the time the hiker left me behind, I was desperately hoping that I would fall into an endless sleep.
   

2 comments:

  1. I really like this story because it draws a lot of attention. As I read this story I couldn't stop reading it because it kept drawing me in more and more. While it is sad and terrible it is also drama filled and great. Great job I really enjoyed reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this! I really liked how dramatic it was and how much it made you want to keeping reading. I honestly as a bit sad that it came to end. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete