Sunday, September 18, 2016

Bad Boy #2


Close reading.


         My quote is on pg.22, line 14,"It was decided that I was old enough not to have a babysitter after school,and i was given my own house key.  Your a big boy now,mamma said."  

  I was in 7th grade when I got my house key, I was told every day if practice was canceled I would ride the bus home from school.  It was different from going to practice after school,I had to get on the bus and wait instead of practicing at school then my parents would come and get me.  I thought it would've be harder then it was but it was quit simple.  It was scary the first time I did it but then I got used to it.  I would be trusted to do my homework on the days I rode the bus home,when I got home I needed to get a snack and start on my homework and try to get as much as I could get done.  On some days I would completely finish and then on other days I would be up super late doing homework till like 11:30.  I just wanted to share why it was so important and amazing because it relates to me so well.

  Its amazing when you get the chance to prove yourself to your parents that you can be left at home alone and do what you need to do to prove yourself.  Being given the chance to stay at home alone is amazing especially if when you get to stay home alone when your parents go out to eat or to the store and you have the option to go.  That type of responsibility is for really big and mature kids and I wouldn't consider Walter responsible yet because he gets in a ton of trouble but if his mother didn't trust him then maybe he he wouldn't be as good of an other as he is now, who knows he may not have even been an author if he wasn't given such a big responsibility at such a young age.  Many people don't receive that privilege until about 5th or 6th grade and I didn't receive until i was in 7th grade but all families are different.   

1 comment:

  1. It's nice that you connected the quote to an experience in your life. I like the format you put four blog post in, the quote, your story, and then a connection. By reading your blog post, I learned about your book, and the characters.

    ReplyDelete