Monday, September 26, 2016

Voice: I Know Why The Caged


In the book that I am reading the author uses a lot of figurative language, she also uses humor with jokes that are racist. I really like how she has that sense were she doesn't make everything so serious. If I was an author I would do that same because its a way were the audience don't get such a serious book. What I have read so far the personality of the writing is kinda rude but also very humorous. I like how she sometimes skips through things in her life. I think she does that because she either doesn't quite remember or nothing much happened in that period of time. She also compares a lot of things with things that are bad but she compares it in a way were the audience won't get mad and were they can take it as a joke. If I was a writer i would do the same because if I didn't then people wouldn't buy  the book and it also would be really really boring. I like how the author uses a lot of words that are out there and that make the sentence and/or the statement pop out and be bold. She uses a lot of good nouns and verbs to describe a place or a person and as an audience I like that because it makes me imagine the character or the person who the author is describing. The author uses a lot of similes and metaphors to let the characters or herself come out, she sometimes describes them in good ways or sometimes in bad way but I as an audience really like that because it makes the book 10 times more interesting. The reason I picked this picture was because it reminds me about the jokes that are in the book. The jokes in the book are funny but kinda bad but it's a better way to put the jokes instead of being so serious. 

Image result for someone laughing

4 comments:

  1. I really get what you mean by even though the humor is rude and/racist thats its more entertaining and interesting then reading something that is like a monologue and instead like a real story. That's also the best meme ever. I've seen it and its so true in many instances. Cool that you recognized that about this book and thought of it or found one that goes well with the text. Depending on what time period, how racist or offensive were the things she said? Would they not make as much an impact now or more of an impact? Is there a good example of that immense humor that reminded you of this meme?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you talk about the racist jokes, I think it's fitting that they how those in the book, because those were the jokes told by many white people during that time. In "I know why The Caged Bird Sings", a lot of racism is addressed. I agree when you say it's interesting because it is more of an story being told, than just facts stated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the points you made about the jokes which were super common at that time so I can see why she added them. They also in my opinion give the readers an even harsher look as to what it was like back then. The author also does uses a ton of imagery to create powerful emotions, like sorrow, joy, and especially hunger when she describes the food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love an author who knows how to bring in their readers more than the casual connections. The more the author tries to connect I feel like it is boring to read and I end up uninterested. I also love the fact that she uses racial jokes in the story must have been funny to try and read aloud in the group.

    ReplyDelete