Saturday, September 24, 2016

Black Boy Memoir Post #3

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/16623685

This review discusses how as further in to book the reader read the less connections she could make to it and how the authors style had shifted. I agree with her because as I read I stopped trying to make connections to his stories. Once I got about half way through the story I stopped making connections and just started to try to understand the points he was trying to make. I was also focusing on how he thinks and the messages he was trying to send to the reader.
In this review she mentioned how as the book went on Richard Wright became more educational. I feel like since he became more educational that may have been why I stopped making connections. Richard Wright's writing style sort of changed a little over half way through the book. At the beginning of the book he wrote about specific events that were major in his life whether they were bad or good(they were mostly bad) and then near the end of the book he focused on arguments. The arguments that he discussed were mostly about what others thought about his personality. People would try to point or hint something to him but he always had his own views and opinions which I loved about him. I really love how Richard Wright is always voicing his opinion and not caring what others think because no one can change how he thinks when he's convinced he is right. I think that people should always say what they think whether they are wrong or right because if they are wrong others can correct them/help them think in another way and if they are right then they can help others start to think in the same direction. You guys should read the review!

2 comments:

  1. Even though I'm not reading your book your post helps me understand it better and learn more about it. I like how you analyze the writhing style and what you like about. It is nice when authors tell the truth in their writing and don't try to be sugarcoat things. When books are real, it helps you learn more.

    ReplyDelete