Sunday, October 2, 2016

The Circuit Links and Videos Blog Post #4

My group is reading The Circuit by Francisco Jiménez.  I will be using the Links and Videos prompt for this post.  This is a post from my 2nd blog post, which can be found at this link (click link).  What this is talking about my troubles in writing my memoir.  For example, I said there are some iffy-iffy things that I'm between writing it and not writing it, like where to start.  Do I start at birth, or do I start at where my memory goes to?  What is my limit in terms of privacy?  What will I write about?  What will I skip?  Many questions are in this post.  My point is, there has to be a lot of questions asked when writing a memoir.  If you write everything that has happened in your life, that would be a long and very boring memoir.  It is like "I hit my mom.  I laughed.  I farted."  See how boring that is?
Nobody could stand a memoir like that.  That is the purpose of that post.  It says what the processes are when you are writing a memoir.  It also tells you my struggles in trying to think of interesting events to write about in my memoir, because there aren't very many interesting moments in my life.  I'm sure I can get some help from my parents or good friends.  This post also includes "hang-ups" that I may meet along the way.  For example, as said before, there is where to start, how to start, and my structure.  Then there is what to write, and how to write it.  Writing a memoir is hard!!!

That's it for this post!  Please Comment down below!  This is my last post!  My birthday is tomorrow too (woop woop).  Please comment below!  Thanks for reading!!!

3 comments:

  1. You are very right about how it is hard to know where to start your memoir. Also you dont want to go to into your privacy, but if it is something that really affected the topic you are writing your memoir about, then you should probably include it so like you said it wont be boring. Happy belated birthday btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The comment above was posted by Jacob Owens. For some reason it logged me out of my account

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you have lots of interesting stories to tell! Also, you don't have to write about your whole life. You can focus on one moment and craft your story in such a way that, that one moment is compelling and conveys a deep and philosophical meaning.

    ReplyDelete