Sunday, October 2, 2016

Bad Boy #4


Character description


         My favorite character is Walter because I believe we think alike.  He has a mind set many people don't normally have.  Even as a senior he still thinks like a child except in the more adult fashion.  for exp, he is dropping out of class, wanting to live with a man who has mental issues that he has no control of that have killed many people.  He doesn't fight any more but he still doesn't talk much because he still has speech problems.  He is insecure, he doesn't tell his family anything anymore, he actually thought he would get away with skipping class.  He has loved bools since he was little which evolved in to loving to write and type but that's all he enjoys doing.  He asked his father for a typewriter but he didn't like it because it was all beat up and he wanted the newer one because that's then he had been asking and saving up for but his mom ended loosing the money and so he got stuck using the old one.  He is so close to go to college but he may not even go because he has been skipping so much.

           The author explains himself so well because he uses so much descriptive detail.  He explains how he did something so fluently and so lifelike.  Walter died in 2014 which was pretty recent but the books he produced were as realistic as his memoir he wrote.  He always seemed to find a way to put apart of his life in each and every book he wrote.
 
             I feel like a person i would love to write a description about would be my best friend Anna.  She has done so much for me and In class I already have involved her into a ton of my work that I have produced.  She has helped me see the world differently in a great way.  She has gone through similar things that I have gone through and we have helped each other overcome those challenges.  She was always there for me like I was for her.  We have so much in common and that is why I would write a description of her.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading your memoir, Parker! What sort of literary devices did Walter Dean Myers use to make his memoir feel lifelike? Did he use lots of imagery? Did he write about people in a way that made you totally know what kind of person he was talking about? Think about the tools that he used to do those things and use them in your memoir!

    ReplyDelete