Sunday, October 2, 2016

The Circuit Close Reading Blog Post #3

My group is reading The Circuit by Francisco Jiménez.  I have chosen to do the Close Reading prompt.  My quote comes from the 1st full paragraph on page 59 in my book.  "One early evening, Chico and Pilar came by themselves, without Catarina.  El Perico immediately threw a tantrum and began shrieking, louder than ever.  The noise struck my father like lightening*. He had been in a terrible mood the last few days because he was not sure where he would work now that the grape season was almost over.  Covering his ears with his hands, he bolted over to the corner of the garage, grabbed the broom, and swung with all his might at my friend who was perched on the wire.  Red, green, and yellow feathers scattered everywhere.  El Perico hit the dirt floor like a wet rag.  Instantly Roberto, Mamá and I start wailing.  My father shouted at us all to stop.  Seeing a stream of blood dribble from El Perico's silent beak, I felt an though someone had ripped my heart out."  This quote is very important to me, because it reminds me of when my dog died.  My dog's name was Lucky, and my parents got him when he was 2 weeks old.  We had that dog for my whole life.  I loved him.  In 2004, he had to get his eardrums removed because he had an infection.  In 2010, a squirrel got into our house, and he chased it away.  He was never the same after that.  He was always tired, and couldn't really do anything.  On June 4th, 2013, we took him to the vet to see if there was anything we could do with his problems.  He didn't return home that day.  He had to be euthanized, because that was the only thing we could afford.  I felt as if I had my heart ripped out of me, like Francisco did when his dad killed El Perico.  It was a sad day.  One month later we got our current dog, Emmy.  This is what this quote means to me.

That's it for this post!  Please Comment down below!  I will be blogging weekly until the 3rd of October (my birthday woop woop).  Thanks for reading!!!

*lightning.  This is how he spelled it in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment