Sunday, October 2, 2016

into thin air post 4

I think the author had to make up  the parts when  they were actually climbing up Mount Everest to the summit. I think Krakauer had to make these parts up because he said that when they were climbing up the mountain at high altitudes it was hard for his brain to procces things that were going on. The author was a journalist so he interviewed climbers, that made it down alive, and added their information to the book to back up his ideas. I also think the author made up some of the parts of the storm, Kakauer himself didn't experience the storm as much as other did because he made it down to his tent and stayed there. He interviewed some of his teammates but they were either dead or stayed in their tent during the storm too. With the lack of information his only other option was to make up some details and make it work like magic. 
An advantage to adding or exaggerating parts in my story would be that my story wont be so boring. It will add more deatils that will make my story more interesting. I personally think that i will do this because i feel like I need more details but i din't know if it will go smoothly. A disadvantage would be that i wont be able t put it together and it wont go with my theme. I could easily start talking about something completely different. Im worried that it wont fit properly and that it would be a random sentence or even a paragraph in my story. With the help of my peers I know i can make my story work because thay will be able to read it and tell me what i should fix, because why not? I know that i will reach my expectation for my memoir.

5 comments:

  1. I am also reading this book, and agree that a lot of things, especially specific details (and he has a lot of them) had to have been made up. I can barely remember what I had for lunch the other day, so how could he possibly remember what he ate on summit day? I, too, will have to make up things, and make sure they relate to my topic and make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do agree that he had a lot of details and some of them seemed like they were unreal. I did think our book was hard to read because of things like the details in some places but the story is super vague in others. I think your blog post is a great reflection on the book and is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with this, Krakauer had to be making up details. Or as I like to say exaggerating. I also feel that I will have to make up some things because other wise I feel as if my memoir will not be interesting enough for people to actually want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with this, Krakauer had to be making up details. Or as I like to say exaggerating. I also feel that I will have to make up some things because other wise I feel as if my memoir will not be interesting enough for people to actually want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Lauren on your blog post. I think you did a really great job with connecting the authors location and actions during the storm on Mount Everest—with him filling in other people's memories. Showing that there was no way he what people were people were thinking and how they felt during their experience; on top of Mount Everest.

    ReplyDelete